The nation-wide lockdown has been extended till May 31 to tackle the coronavirus pandemic, the Centre said today. The Ministry of Home Affairs has released the guidelines for the fourth phase of the lockdown, listing down the restrictions and relaxations.
The Centre has said that the delineation of Red, Orange and Green zones will be decided by respective states and Union Territories in line with the parameters by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW). Earlier, the MoHFW was deciding these zones.
Here’s a list of what’s open:
- Inter-state travel of passenger vehicles and buses with mutual consent of states/UTs involved will be permitted, except in containment zones.
- Sports complexes and stadiums can open but spectators won’t be allowed.
- E-commerce firms can deliver non-essential items to coronavirus red zones from now.
- In containment zones, only essential services will be permitted.
- Restaurants will be permitted to operate kitchens for home delivery of food items.
- Inter-state and intra-state movement of medical professionals, health workers and sanitation workers will be allowed.
- All types of goods and cargos, including empty trucks
- Marriage-related gatherings to ensure social distancing, with a maximum of 50 guests.
- For funerals, a maximum of 20 people will be allowed.
- Local authorities should ensure that shops and markets open with staggered timings, so as to ensure social distancing. All shops will also have to ensure six feet distance among customers and also not allow more than 5 people at one time.
- Practice of work from home should be followed to the extent possible, and staggering of work hours should be adopted in respect of all offices and other establishments
Read Also: It has become a common practice to use Section 498A IPC as a weapon rather than shield by disgruntled wives: P&H High Court
Here’s a list of what will remain closed:
- All domestic and international flights will remain suspended, except for those permitted by the Ministry of Home Affairs for security and medical purposes.
- Metro train services will also remain suspended
- Schools and Colleges to be shut
- Restaurants and other hospitality services, except for the running of canteens in bus depots, railway stations and airports
- Cinema halls, shopping malls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theaters, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places to be shut.
- Social, political, religious, entertainment, academic, cultural, and other gathers won’t be permitted. Religious places will also remain shut.
- Movement will be restricted between 7pm to 7am except for essential activities.
- Consumption of liquor, paan, gutkha and tobacco is not allowed in public places.
The National Disaster Management Authority said the restrictions would be updated “as necessary, keeping in view the need to open up economic activities.
Read Guidelines here:
1 thought on “MHA Extends Lockdown Till May 31, See What’s Allowed, What’s Not [Read Guidelines]”
You must log in to post a comment.