Topic: International career opportunities for lawyers in Data Protection, Privacy Management and Technology Law
Day wise focus
DAY 1: Opportunities in data protection and privacy management and why the requirement for specialised professionals in this area is increasing globally.
DAY 2 : Roadmap to build a career in data protection and privacy management
DAY 3:How to secure perform work for Silicon Valley startups remotely and perform other international data protection and privacy management
What will you learn in this bootcamp?
- How can you take advantage of the newly minted privacy laws around the world and give your career as a technology lawyer a great boost
- What skills will you need to help fast growing Silicon Valley startups with data protection and privacy management in various markets around the world
- How to get internships and jobs in privacy management and compliance teams
- What kind of remote work you can do if you are a data protection and privacy management expert
- Why knowledge of privacy management and data protection will be critical for your success as a technology lawyer
- What if you want to shift from purely legal roles to business roles and leadership? How can you make that happen?
Who should attend this bootcamp?
- Lawyers who want to build a career in technology laws – job opportunities in data protection and privacy are likely to exponentially increase in the coming years
- Lawyers who want to transition into ‘business roles’ and leadership roles
- Litigators who want to move to in-house counsel positions – data protection and privacy work is extremely crucial for securing positions fast-growing tech companies
- In-house counsels who want to develop a specialised skill set to secure promotions or opt for more high-paying positions in BigTech companies, international startups and companies operating in Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, e-commerce, fintech, agritech, insurtech and other sub-sectors
Some of the questions we will cover:
- Why has data protection and privacy management emerged as a promising field in recent times?
- Which industry sectors face the highest need for data protection and privacy professionals?
- Is there a shortage of talent in this area?
- How much do data and privacy management professionals earn?
- What are the job descriptions, pay scales and career growth prospects for lawyers?
- What does a data protection and privacy management professional actually work on? What are the top 10 tasks?
- How can I perform global data protection and privacy work for clients in advanced economies?
- Which are the most important countries whose data protection and privacy regimes I should know about?
- How to provide an outsourced data protection officer service to international clients
- What is the roadmap for securing various career opportunities in this area?
- How to get a job as an in-house counsel in the privacy team of a company
- How to secure a job in the data protection and privacy lawyer in a law firm
- How to find international clients and Silicon Valley startups and conduct outreach
- How to establish your credibility and track record as a data protection and privacy expert
- Which are the top services high-growth startups expanding internationally require and how to provide such services
Date : 29th – 31st May 2021.
Time: 6pm – 9 PM
No Registration fees
Certificates will be provided to all the attendees.**