Topic: How to crack the UGC-NET & CLAT-PG examinations.
What will you Learn?
Day 1: Career opportunities and how to clear UGC-NET
- How many law teachers does India need?
- What is the salary of a law teacher? How much can a law teacher earn in India in various universities?
- What are the perks of a teaching job?
- How long does it take to become a professor? What are the perks of a teaching job?
- What is a day in the life of a law teacher like?
- Which universities pay the best salaries?
- Is cracking UGC-NET mandatory for teaching law? What is the benefit of cracking the UGC-NET exam for teaching?
- Difference in pay-scale between UGC-NET qualified and other teachers.
- What are the opportunities for candidates who top the UGC-NET exam?
- What is the career graph for teachers in India?
- Overview of UGC Exam – Subjects, time allotted, pass rate and question paper pattern
- Essentials for commencement of preparation
- Procurement of past years’ papers
- Subject-wise syllabus
- Difficulty level and types of questions
- Study materials and other resources
- Daily study plan
- Why do candidates fail? What are the top preparation mistakes?
- How to create a subject-wise preparation strategy
- How to divide time across various subjects
- How to create your daily study plan
- How to manage preparation with your LLM degree and other activities
- Does preparing for the UGC-NET exam help you get better grades in your LLM?
Day 2: How to apply for jobs and crack CLAT-PG
- How to create a roadmap to crack the UGC-NET exam
- 3-month roadmap
- 6-month roadmap
- 12-month roadmap
- How to prepare if you are re-attempting the exam
- Overview of CLAT-PG exam – Subjects pass rate and question paper pattern
- Analysis of past year papers
- Roadmap to clear the crack the CLAT-PG
- Will cracking a CLAT-PG increase my chances of getting a job?
- Who will hire me to clear CLAT-PG?
- How to identify your preferred universities for teaching after qualifying UGC-NET?
- How to prepare for interviews?
- How to prepare your CV for jobs?
- How to prepare a cover letter?
- Which area of expertise should you select?
- When and how to negotiate your starting salary?
- How to increase your publications?
- How to decide whether to work in a private university, a government university or an autonomous university?
- Can law teachers take up private consulting assignments?
- What are the future prospects for successful law teachers?
- How to pursue real-life research projects of national and global impact, obtain grants and funding from various sponsors and make a name for yourself and the institution
- How to explore international teaching opportunities
- Can law teachers move to private practice or private jobs?
- Backup options to explore – PhD
- What to do if you do not obtain a position at the university of your preference
Date : 26th- 27th April, 2021.
Time: 6pm – 9 PM
No Registration fees
Certificates will be provided to all the attendees.**